Steps to Write a Grade-Oriented Case Study
Why are University Students Assigned Case Study Writing?
The university students have a lot of tasks to perform at the university because they must optimally learn when at the university. There are various types of assignments that are assigned to the students so that they can enhance their knowledge of different subjects and their genres. The case study is one such assignment that is assigned to the students. Most of the time the students are extremely afraid of writing the case study because they are not really sure if they can write it according to the university standards and can get the best grades or not.
The grades play the most important role for university students. There are a lot of students, who for genuine reasons are unable to understand and write effective case studies. These are lack of proper subject knowledge, lack of time, lack of resources etc. The university has a particular set of instructions which must be necessarily followed by the students to get good grades. Many students take online case study help from various assignment helpers so that they can submit the most impactful case study. This may not really always work, and the students may have to necessarily write their case studies by their own selves. This blog discusses some of the most important steps that the students must follow to write a grade-oriented case study.
What Makes your Case Study Good?
- Describe the problem or the situation: The case study must always include a discussion about the problem that exists or the situation in which you are searching. It is essential that the students always keenly analyze the problem so that they are able to justify their findings later. The problem at the same time should be really impactful to attract the readers. While researching and writing for the case study the students must always remember to use hooking pointers from the case to make it more interesting and intriguing.
- Provide background on all grounds: The background of the chosen case shall be effectively discussed so that the reader is able to clearly evaluate the topic chosen by you. If you’re researching a company, its total information must be shared by you in advance so that the reader can relate to it and understand it all very well. When you effectively share the background of the company in advance there is a high chance that the reader connects with the case well.
- Describe the solution: There are many instances when the students explain the problem very well, but unfortunately fail at explaining the solution. The identified problem may have several solutions, which must be effectively studied by the student. The best solution must be to evaluate all the possible problems and then resort to one solution that somehow works for all. When the students properly describe the solution, they are able to generate the best outcomes of the case studied.
- Analyze the responses of the solution: The solution provided by the students must be effective and shall work as well. You must ensure to add the working of the solutions after your application. When the case study involves the analysis of the solution responses there is a higher chance that the reader must be interested in knowing more about the discussed case. You must also mention why your case will work in a particular situation and why other solutions won’t.
- Implicate the overall story: The story here reflects the working of the chosen topic. Considering if you choose the topic to be Mcdonald’s, you must mention how it came into existence, how it created its space in the market, how it got better and what is its current status. The student must be able to fit the evaluated solution in the case study for the chosen problem efficiently by implicating the overall story. If the problem evaluated is “waste of raw materials because of lesser walk-ins at the drive-in McDonald store” the solution for the same must be entrusted stating the reason behind Mcdonald’s starting the drive-in outlets and its main idea behind the same. When the reader understands the total aim behind the case, they can easily understand and evaluate the case.
Tips to Enhance your Case Study’s Readability
- Think a lot about your title: The title is the main part of the case study and the first thing that the professor comes across when checking the case study. The title must not only be relatable but should also be very intriguing so that the reader understands and wishes to read more about the case.
- Keep rechecking for errors at intervals: When you are writing the case study there are many instances when the students are not able to effectively write the case or are not able to explain the meaning of the case. It is essential that the students properly read the overall case study so that they are able to take out the smallest mistakes and correct them timely. There are instances when the students miss out on important pointers with mistakes and get their marks deducted later. The students in such cases take case study help from various tutors who can help them rectify their mistakes very well.
- Use relevant images:
I’m sure you thought that this paragraph will discuss something about McDonald’s, ZARA or H & M.
The images play a vast role in the quality of the case study. Whenever writing a case study the students are supposed to ensure to add the most relatable and the best images possible. The images hook the reader to learn about the case and interpret better about it. The case study must include images that help the reader understand the case better and learn effectively about the case. As when discussing the case the images help the reader relate to it already and create an assumption.
- Use quotes if relevant: There are many writers and poets who have launched various books and quotes relating to the concepts of the subjects. If it suits you well, the students can also use quotes. It makes the overall case study much more impressive and of great quality, automatically enhancing the chances of getting better grades.
- Record interviews at all instances: While researching for the case study there are many views and occasions that occur. When researching on any particular topic the students must try getting real-time information about recent occasions and happenings along with the people’s views. In case you are discussing about H&M, you can take occasions like its annual sale, recycling feature etc., along with how the people view these cases and their impacts.
- Call to action plays the most crucial role: When concluding the case study, the students must be able to write an impactful call to action also known as CTA so that the reader is also able to create a conclusion of the case in the back of their minds. This is often a part that many forget to mention and lose grades. Adding a CTA will not only help the professor evaluate the case better, but will enhance the chances of getting better grades.
Ideal Format of a Case Study
- The executive summary also known as a synopsis: The summary involves the evaluated study of what all is further discussed in the case study. It is usually supposed to be written at the end so that the student is easily able to mention the topics discussed in the case study.
- Introduction: As the name itself suggests, the introduction must include everything about the chosen topic. This must summarize your task, outline the case study significantly, evaluate the aim of the case, discuss the chosen topics’ main ideas, and briefly discuss the main problem and its significance.
- Findings: The findings section in the case study must include the key identified problems, the central issue of the analysis, reasoning for the choices that support the findings along with relevant concepts and theories, highlight the pre-existing problems, and justify the analytical tools and methodologies. The findings part of your case study must be effectively identified and written in headings and subheading sections.
- Discussion: The discussion part of the case study must summarize the main problems of the chosen topic, must suggest alternative yet effective solutions for the discussed problems, outline the advantages and disadvantages of the alternative solutions, and must define the theory and assessment criteria.
- Conclusion: The conclusion must involve the purpose of the report, limitations if suggested and summing up of the main points from the discussion and findings section.
- Recommendations: This is one of the most important parts of the case study as the professors consider it an important part of awarding grades. This proves your analysis from the case. The students must add the most relevant recommendations for improving the current working of the case and the best solutions for your identified problem as well.
- References: The references must be in alphabetical order and should be in the specified style suggested by the university. Different universities demand different types of referencing, which must be accurately studied and written by the students.
- Appendices: If there exists any original data from where you have taken your information, it must be mentioned in this section.
The above-mentioned pointers are the ones that highly impact the grades of the students. Following the wrong format can also lead the student to lose grades which is why the students must ensure to follow the right format. When the students follow the above-mentioned techniques and tips they can enhance their chances of getting better grades.